Demands and Failures
Demands and/or Failures can be added by clicking on the required Device -> Demands And Failures.
Demands, Safe Failures and Dangerous Failures are added against a device, not the Device Group.? See Device Grouping for more information.
DATA Comp can be configured to work in two ways with regard to Dangerous Failures:
- Combined Dangerous Failures – Dangerous Detected Failures and Dangerous Undetected Failures are reported as a Dangerous Failure
- Separate Dangerous Failures – Dangerous Detected Failures and Dangerous Undetected Failures are reported separately
As a default DATA Comp is set to combine Dangerous Failures.? To change this setting click on Actions -> Project Overview then Combine Dangerous Failures.
Report a Demand or Failure
The following information is required to report a Demand or Failure of a Device:
- Type of Demand or Failure (Demand, Safe Failure, Dangerous Failure OR Dangerous Detected Failure, Dangerous Undetected Failure)
- Demand or Failure Date
- Reported By
- Reported To
Demand and Failure Definitions
- Demand – A Demand on the SIF
- Safe Failure ? A Spurious Trip
- Dangerous Failure ? Combined total of Detected Dangerous failures
- Dangerous Detected Failure – from Auto Diagnostics
- Dangerous Undetected Failure – from Proof Testing
Note: It should be noted that before inputting data into DATA Comp that this is set correctly, as by not doing so causes a miscalculation of the dangerous failures if switching between the two modes.
Reported By and Reported To can be tracked along with any Notes or Actions to be taken on a device.